Friday, March 28, 2014

My first work trip to HK!

It's April next week.

I'm officially 4 months into my job. The dreamy happiness of a new job is starting to wear off! But I'm still grateful and happy about my job. I must remind myself to be thankful for a job that has so much opportunities to grow and to learn. Because in the midst of being overwhelmed with work load, I tend to forget how lucky I am.

Ok I dont know how photo posting works on a mobile app. Maybe the photos will all appear at the end of the page. Haha.

I hopped off a midnight flight to Hong Kong the week before my birthday. Due to a big project,  the trip was brought forward and I had the lucky opportunity to tag along! You can imagine how happy I was. Two main reasons for that. One, that's my first trip to the  bustling city known to be very expensive to live in! Two, I finally get to go on a work trip and learn all about the fabric/accessories/supplier sourcing in Hong Kong!

The trip is exhausting. We barely slept on a 1am flight with a baby crying all night. Then it was 3days of walking, lugging a luggage full of samples, searching and finding stuff. Then at night was another round of walking. This time it's for leisure. Their food is so awesome too! So much better than the ones in sg that call themselves "Hong Kong cafe". Then on the 4th day we take another early morning flight at 5am and arrive back at noon to head right back to office. Gosh. So hectic! Fun for the first time but maybe not as great the next time.

I've been taking up more responsibilities in office, going out to meet more clients, etc. The work nature is slowly changing. But sadly, my working environment is changing too. The changes are not very welcoming. Oh wells, that's expected. That's why I never want to be a boss of my own brand in the future. If my dream ever come true that is! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment