Friday, October 24, 2014

Quite an eccentric post.

Sitting in the middle of a dark living room with your earpiece plugged into your ear, listening (try A Sky Full of Stars by Coldplay) to the tracks playing from your phone - oddly that is super peaceful and comforting.

Why did I never try this earlier?

It is just another night.  All lights out by 11pm. Everyone tucked in their beds. And me still up and about in my room. Just that today im not. I'm doing the above.

For awhile, I had so much questions and thoughts running around in my head. Many of them are without answers or directions to finding out the answers. And on this "special" night (it's not really special. Just another night really), I began to hear the answers. I'm not going crazy or becoming psychic. That would be great but no I did not. I just had my once-a-while dose of a great conversation that works two-ways and also became very thought-provoking.

There are not many people in this world that can give me this once-a-while dose - I think I can count them with just the fingers from one hand. So when the stars aligned (or when the blue moon comes up), I'm in an extremely good mood.

Ok enough of the bush beating.

I have a slightly clearer view of the route I can take down this path towards my dream. Well, firstly, I should continue honing my skills in Illustrator and Photoshop. Apparently (*gasp*) there are not many people good in these 2 softwares, especially in the fashion design area. My control-and-detail-freak self sort of complement my strength in these 2 areas.

Secondly, I'm going to enlist the help of the almighty Youtube to learn to screenprint with the emulsion technique. That will greatly benefit me in my work for my business (or at least my entrepreneurial attempt) Merrow Dream.

Then, I should start looking into what I can sacrifice to get myself one step closer to saving up for a bold move that I had been thinking about - interning in a fashion brand in New York while working another part time job to earn my stay there. Yep. Sumarised that in a single sentence.

Lastly, maybe pick up another skill (or language) to make myself even more indispensable (as an asset to a company). Maybe I should study colour relationships in detail. Or pick up French like I'd always wanted to.

Well that does it. First time typing in such an honest voice. You (whoever is reading this (thank you by the way)) may find that I have lots of things going on at one time as you read. But that's kind of how it goes in my brain all the time. Actually it's worse because typing it out limits what I can pen down. If you can hear my thoughts I bet you'll be screaming shut up! Haha. Hope you enjoy this messy update.

No comments:

Post a Comment